[SBE] Fwd: FW: LP1 KWVE fined for EAS error

Bob Reite br at telcen.com
Sun Sep 20 18:33:38 EDT 2009

> RMT origination should always be done from warning centers. Period.

Exactly. That is the only way to make sure that the system will work
end to end. Here in Pennsylvania, RMTs are always originated from PEMA,
not the LP1 or LP2, the LP1 and LP2 stations simply relay.

I also maintain that the system has never been tested on a Federal level
end to end. The rules should be changed so that at least one RMT per
year is originated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. I'll bet
the first time it's tried, it will be discovered that the message
doesn't make it through the system.