[SBE] FCC R & R 73.318: FM Blanketing Interference

chscherer at everestkc.net chscherer at everestkc.net
Sun Sep 20 20:56:53 EDT 2009

I've handled my share of FM interference complaints over the years. Some of the steps I always took:

- Inform the consumer of the station's responsibility/liability to resove the interference.
- Offer to assist as a good neighbor even if no action from the station is required.
- Some stations had a document that outlined the responsibilities of the station and included some hold-harmless wording (in case my work knocked the lamp over or broke the phone) for the consumer to sign.

I asked about known products as a possible action. I know that some consumers will not be cooperative or accept reason. But, if a simple equipment swap is accepted, it would be nice to of some products that have worked well.