[SBE] Career advice needed

Crum, Kate kcrum at thinktv.org
Wed Sep 23 09:33:20 EDT 2009

Hi Russ,

First of all, hope your surgery goes well. I hear shoulder surgery is a pretty long recovery. Since you'll apparently have lots of time for reading and a limited budget, you might ask broadcast engineers local to you if they wouldn't mind giving you their trade magazines after they've finished reading them. Someone else suggested reading trade magazines, and it really is a good idea. I know that we usually end up with three or four copies of the same thing here and we've been donating the old magazines to a local university.

Good Luck!
Kate Crum, CBT
Maintenance Engineer
WPTD / WPTO Dayton, OH