[SBE] EAS CAP

Thomas Shanks tshanks at gatech.edu
Sat Oct 3 00:14:29 EDT 2009

This is my sticking point. Are they actually going to require every station to have a disaster-proof Internet connection? The internet itself is not at all disaster-proof. The boxes really need to be listening for relay and relaying when the internet does not pass the traffic first. The last thing we need is the FCC breathing down our throats when the low-speed wireless internet connection to the transmitter site that uses routers a 1/4 mile in the air dies for a few months due to a lightning strike. Relay should take over, and stations should be permitted to operate over the old relay for as long as technically required.

Come on National Office! Get leeway out of FEMA on this!

--
Thomas Shanks CBRE
Chief Engineer / chief.engineer at wrek.org / 404-894-2468