[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

Dan Mammone dmammone at muskingum.edu
Fri Oct 9 09:24:18 EDT 2009

Sure they [RWTs] do Bob... I've caught expired messages in mine, especially
for the changes regarding Daylight Savings Time... Usually my Endec or
theirs. RWTs are a good way to catch time discrepancies.

Personally, I don't think people would panic. I just suggested that the
federal people may THINK that may happen. Of course, it could be just the
simple fact that FEMA has yet to be trained as an originator. Or, they have
just "forgotten" radio broadcast altogether and opted for TV/Cable. But
then, I've seen no National tests on TV/Cable either.

OK FCC... where are you on enforcement at the National level? You're right
there!

Dan Mammone CBRE, CBNT
Broadcast Engineer
WMCO-FM/Orbit TV6