[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

Bob Reite br at telcen.com
Thu Oct 8 19:56:57 EDT 2009

This is why a RMT should be issued from FEMA, to check on the
propagation. I don't think it would cause a panic, because at least in
Pennsylvania, RMTs issued from PEMA are a normal monthly event, and
really exercise the system. As far as I'm concerned, RWTs are pretty
much useless. They check that the encoder works, and that the decoders
work, but do not reveal issues, such as messages expiring and never
getting forwarded because of propagation delays.