[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Fri Oct 9 19:05:08 EDT 2009

> Yes, it happened locally, but it was an attack on the NATION. The Pentagon

> was also hit. Are you telling me the nation didn't need to know? What

> criteria WOULD be National?

I think you're mixing up the need to be notified of an event that's
already occured and has no precedent, nor any expectation of having any
intelligent guess whether/if/when it will occur again, or where, with the
commonly known facts surrounding natural and fairly understood natural
events such as storms, floods, tornados, etc.

There is a big difference here, and even though the 9/11 event was
tragic and national in scope, there was nothing to warn against. No action
to be taken nor recommended that would make any logical sense at all. That
is the difference here, not negligence as your post SEEMED to suggest. If I
mis-read it, please clarify.

Dave Dunsmoor