[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

Dan Mammone dmammone at muskingum.edu
Fri Oct 9 13:52:44 EDT 2009

Yes, it happened locally, but it was an attack on the NATION. The Pentagon
was also hit. Are you telling me the nation didn't need to know? What
criteria WOULD be National?

OK. Given it was local, was a local EAS issued? I do not recall the story.
Maybe it wasn't able to be issued if the stations involved were transmitting
from the WTC.

According to your stance, then there is NO need at ALL for a National
(Presidential) message. Every attack will always start in a locality. This
all boils down to the question, Why National? Especially since all EAS came
down from that?

Dan Mammone CBRE, CBNT

Broadcast Engineer

WMCO-FM/Orbit TV6