[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Fri Oct 9 19:12:11 EDT 2009

>I was of the opinion that when the national airspace was closed, it hit the

>point of national

>emergency. I would have thought at that point, even though the news media

>was covering

>the event, a statement from the president would have been a good idea.

Hmmm, I don't recall exactly how all the notification procedures went,
but I do know that I knew what was going on within 15-20 minutes of the
initial newsbreak.

Given the scope of what has to happen in order to decide what to do
first, second, next, etc, I think that was fairly decent.

Dave Dunsmoor