[SBE] Working the kinks out of EAS

George Nicholas georgenicholas at csi.com
Fri Oct 9 23:59:57 EDT 2009

I recall when the first plane hit the twin towers, at first they thought it
was a tragic accident. Then as other planes started crashing, and
especially the second NYC crash, it became quite clear it was an organized
effort. A very good friend of mine had a TV site at WTC and at first I
thought I might have lost him because his cell phone went unanswered/to
voice mail for a few hours. I was relieved when he finally called back and
said he was okay and, his local CE had taken the day off, so no one from his
station as at WTC. But I'm not sure what, if any, EAS action might have
done, since it took days, if not weeks to understand the entire scope of the
incident. Once Panetta grounded the entire country, the risk stopped.

gn