[SBE] In Need of Mentoring

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sun Oct 11 17:47:33 EDT 2009

"Jeff Carter" wrote -

Please don't take this wrong, anybody. Listen to the full message and
think before you react out of a knee-jerk response.

Should we, considering the market and what we've seen, be advising
anybody to enter this career field?

I am beginning to wonder if I can do so in good conscience. If we're
going to advise and mentor, it strikes me that there's an obligation
to give good advice when we give it.

Good points Jeff -

What we often ignore is the 'satisfaction factor'...Let me explain.
Musicians and Artists are often paid less than some other jobs,
work odd hours etc etc. However they are doing what they love
or feel 'called' to do. In my case, my love of Radio evolved to
the point where I have been able to do what I love for nearly 50
years and I would not trade it for anything....even more money

I pitty the fellow that watches the clock and marks his calendar
as he performs a task that has nothing to do with his first love.
Money cannot buy happiness and satisfaction. (sure it can help)

Granted there are bad jobs out there, but there are also good
ones.

Clay Freinwald, K7CR