[SBE] In Need of Mentoring

Jeff Carter sbe at hidden-valley.com
Sun Oct 11 18:47:31 EDT 2009

You're right, you're exactly right about the comparison to musicians.

To extend the metaphor, if you loved and primarily played classical
music some periods of history would arguably be better for you to have
lived in than others.

Your fifty years in the business were probably worthy of a book. If
you were just starting out today, though, my feeling is that the fifty
years going forward are going to be nothing like the fifty years you
experienced. They might be worth a graphic novel or something.

I hear people talk about the Golden Age of Radio all the time. There
are clearly definable ages where things happen and when they wax and
wane and finally die.

At the conclusion of the fifty years going forward, announcing oneself
as a Broadcast Engineer will likely be something like saying "Good
morrow to thee, I am an alchemist. Doest thou have need of my magick?"

Jeff/KD4RBG