[SBE] In Need of Mentoring

Eargle, Ray L REargle at hearst.com
Mon Oct 12 00:19:35 EDT 2009

The problem is most of all the playing flied has change for today Engineer. You need to ask your self what I want for my work skills, what field can I real advance in, what Education I will need to get the best in pay back for my future.

Today's broadcast engineer must know such a wide range of skills, electronic, computers, carpentry, fabrication, promotions, editing, filming, lighting, pluming, security, painting and janitorial etc. As you see a broadcast engineer is more than one field of skills and studies. I can not say all I would, but Broadcasting is worth it, if you enjoy an adventure, a fairly good salary you will do ok with technical school and an A.S degree, but, better B.S. degree.

If you really want to get your Engineering degrees go for it all you can get your Bachelor of Science than your Masters. Now a better world and better jobs in other fields will be open to you. Be smarter than the average Engineer, build skill set in Electronic and computer. With this you can go far.

Later in life you will always have I wanted too, but life will get in the way and you will have to change your goals and settle. For my years I know I have settle for doing ok.

Good luck and choose wisely.

Ray Eargle
KG6ZWX
Broadcast Engineer