[SBE] IR vs HotAir BGA rework stn?

Jeff Carter sbe at hidden-valley.com
Thu Oct 15 23:46:07 EDT 2009

This may sound stupid, but aren't the BGAs the ones that sit totally
over and on top of the connections? How do you ever inspect those
once you've done them?

Do you heat the board, or the part?

My old eyes and shaky hands miss through-hole parts. I could do 44
pin PLCC sockets for CPLDs pretty easily, but that was the end of the
road before moving to hot air and SMD stuff.

Jeff/KD4RBG