[SBE] IR vs HotAir BGA rework stn?

Jack Davis jack.davis at engineer.com
Thu Oct 15 23:23:33 EDT 2009

The positioning of BGA devices is so critical I gave up on moving air,
sounds a bit crude but a mini propane torch is very effective. Sometimes
the BGA junctions get intermittent and if you are really lucky you can
reconnect them by simply reheating the device. If you have to re-ball them
that is a lot tougher to get a uniform job. The ROHAS versions are just
plain Butt Ugly!

Gotta love that lead!

Jack

K6YC