[SBE] SBE Newsletter

Gary Blievernicht Garyb at wkar.org
Fri Nov 6 14:03:29 EST 2009

I'm not Henry, but I'll take a shot at the answer (the magic word is trained, rather than certified, and before you ask, "trained" is not defined, and would be at the licensees discretion. But, you would get fined if you discretion wrong. Eh?

25.271 (b)

(b) The licensee of a transmitting earth station licensed under this
part shall ensure that a trained operator is present on the earth
station site, or at a designated remote control point for the earth
station, at all times that transmissions are being conducted. No
operator's license is required for a person to operate or perform
maintenance on facilities authorized under this part.