[SBE] Sat Truck Operator Licensing

Matt Antalek matt.antalek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 16:39:08 EST 2009

As a sat truck engineer, I'm not sure about the legality issue. I've
always been told that when you're on the bird, you stay in the truck,
but I'm not sure there's a law mandating this. In the real world,
when you're uplinking a backhaul or some all day event, no sat truck
op that I've seen stays in front of the "radiate switch" at all times.
Although, the good ones are almost always within monitoring distance
(perhaps a few feet outside the door with the door open).

Just remember, the further away from the controls you are when
something goes wrong, the longer the response time will be to switch
to a backup path and get back on the air, etc.

Matt Antalek
VideoLink

--
-Matt