[SBE] Sat Truck Operator Licensing

Matt Antalek matt.antalek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 16:44:40 EST 2009

I have one question of clarification from Gibson's original message.
I don't work in local news, so I'm not sure how most stations do it
now. Do stations with satellite trucks typically send out 3 people
for a satellite live shot (truck engineer, camera, reporter?)

There must be some that already send out just an operator/photog and a
reporter, right? I'm a big DMA (Philly) and I see the microwave truck
guy who will set up a camera on the sticks and frame the shot for the
reporter and then go back into the truck for the live hit all the
time.

--
-Matt