[SBE] The EB vs KWVE

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Thu Nov 19 23:10:18 EST 2009

Reference the following comment -

> While you can't opt out of running the tests, you CAN opt out of

> volunteering to be a LP station!

This is true. As anyone who knows me will tell you, I am very much
opposed to the concept of LP or Local Primary stations. I feel that
the role of broadcasters should be to inform the public about dangers
etc and NOT be a relay for some other broadcasters.

I feel (strongly) that the governmental entities that initiate EAS
messages -
National, state and local government should take a cue from NWS
and establish system for the distribution of messages and all broadcasters
should 'monitor' those systems.

The concept of a Local Primary is a warmed over EBS concept often
called a 'Daisy Chain'. The good news is that with the payload of a
CAP message no broadcaster is going to want to tied up that amount
of air-time to run computer trash.

BY THE WAY -

If you would like to talk EAS- I invite you to join the SBE EAS
Exchange where the topic is always EAS, all the time. Information
on how to join is on the SBE Web Site (www.sbe.org) Look for
EAS under Government Relations.

Clay Freinwald