[SBE] Hello wise minds

chscherer at everestkc.net chscherer at everestkc.net
Wed Feb 17 16:53:18 EST 2010

As Jeff notes, the NAB Show site links to hotel and travel info. The NAB convention rates are actually about the best you'll find. I've already looked around.

In the past I have used package deals from airlines (hotel and airfare). Again, you'll be shopping around, but you might be able to save.

Some people like to stay farther afield and drive in each day. That may save some money, but to me, the convenience of a 10-minute Monorail ride offsets the lost time.

Chriss

>From "Smith, Jeff" <JEFFSMITH at clearchannel.com>

Best bet is to use this link. http://www.nabshow.com/2010/hotel_travel/default.asp

The NAB has information about all your travel needs there. They have good pricing for all the hotels plus discount information for air travel and car rental.

As for show registration, as a SBE member, you do qualify for the member rate.

To quote the latest SBE News

"Members of SBE can register for the NAB convention at a special "partner" rate, a savings of $100 off the NAB non-member rate. To get the discount, SBE members register using the regular NAB on-line registration form. When completing the form, check the "Partner" box at the bottom and select "Society of Broadcast Engineers" from the drop-down box"

Hope that helps.

Jeff

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of William Whitt
I need to go the NAB this year, but I have to do all my reservations myself, cough, cough. I’m having a heck of a time with this, since I absolutely hate making travel arrangements. Is there a package deal, or an agency that is running pretty good deals specifically designed for the NAB show?