[SBE] The future of Broadcasting.

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Mar 18 17:25:19 EDT 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 10:33:26 am chscherer at everestkc.net wrote:

> Some find this thread useful, some find it annoying. It has moved beyond

> the established scope of the list. And with the voiced opinions, it is

> ready to move to the more open forum of sbe-chat.

> I'm not the moderator, but that's my opinion.

If the future of broadcasting is not within the established scope
of the Society of *broadcast* engineers roundtable, then
perhaps it would be good if someone would point me to a link,
or just explain, what exactly *is* the purpose of a broadcast
roundtable ?

I's agree that a discussion on the merits ( or lack ) of political
candidates is probably off topic, EXCEPT as they may affect
broadcasting either directly, or indirectly, but why this
particular line is off-topic is somewhat beyond what I
thought I knew ?

We all have opinions, but I fail to understand how the opinions
of a few are justification to shut down a discussion that does
directly relate to broadcast engineering ?
Does this list suffer the tyranny of a minority ?

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

... A booming voice says, "Wrong, cretin!", and you notice that you
have turned into a pile of dust.