[SBE] SD/HD-SDI DVD Recorder....

Gary Blievernicht garybliev at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 15:20:32 EDT 2010

From: Ryan Salazar <ryan at ryansalazar.net>

Anyone know of an SD/HD-SDI DVD (and Blue Ray if possible) Recorder? I prefer
rackmount ready.
-----------------

Not HD-SDI, and not rackmount, but these are the only stand-alone BluRay
recorders I have found.

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/inst_man.jsp?model_id=MDL101893&feature_id=11

Record and author compliant, professional Blu-ray™ discs without a PC with this
all-in-one combo deck. HD recordings from a camcorder can be easily transferred
to a high definition disc, or down-converted and recorded onto a standard DVD.
Copying unprotected DVD and Blu-ray™ discs is a simple process with a built-in
duplication function. USB 2.0 and i.Link connectors, combined with an SD/SDHC
memory card slot provide an interface to most SD and HD digital camcorders.

* Built-in professional Blu-ray™ Recorder
* Internal 500GB hard disk for editing, duplicating
* Create professional BDMV (with menu) or BDAV format discs
* Stores up to 24 hours of HD (AE mode using dual-layer 50GB disc)
* Supports BD-R or BD-RE (erasable) Blu-ray™ discs.
* Authors discs with auto-start or repeat playback
* Digital and analog inputs for wide compatibility
* USB — (connect to camcorder)
* SDHC card — (AVCHD, ProHD* camcorder)
* i.Link — (HDV, DV camcorder)
* Composite/S-Video input — (Analog SD device, camcorder, etc.)
* Flexible monitoring via HDMI, component output
* RS-232C terminal for external control
Manual:
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/DVD/manual/SR-HD1500US_Instruction_Book.pdf

Reviews: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10348492-1.html

Fine print: I have no personal experience with this product, and am not making
a recommendation.