[SBE] Visio for broadcast equipment?

Adrienne Abbott weathertop at charter.net
Sun Jul 4 15:31:42 EDT 2010

I wouldn't like it one bit. My life doesn't stop on weekends or holidays and
I expect there to be good news reports on weekends and holidays.

One of the things I loved about working in radio back in the 70's was that
it was always there and it was always "open". The stations ran 24/7. I could
work anytime and usually did. But if I wanted to finish something important,
I could go in on a Saturday or Sunday or holiday, and yes, the phones were
quiet and there weren't a lot of people around so I could really dig in and
get some work done, whether it was finishing a production room or using the
room I had built to put out a special news project.

That's what I love about the Internet-it doesn't matter it's Tuesday or
Sunday, I can still work. The bonus is that I'm at home, at my desk and
available if Joe wants to know what I want for dinner or if the roses need
pruning. Between the Internet and my cellphone, I can do what I love to do
and still be with my family. Where was this stuff 30 years ago? Do you think
these kids realize what they've got with all this technology?

Adrienne

_____