[SBE] Windows 7 password reset

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Wed Jul 14 18:52:06 EDT 2010

Anybody find a successful method to reset the admin access to a Win 7 PC.

Wife got one in the shop here that someone changed the admin to their name, and set a pwd, which has been forgotten. I have not had luck with any of the online CD nor USB tools.

NO, they dont have the system restore disks and I dont have any other Win 7 machine disk sets.

Anybody have any experience with this? It appears Win 7 differs significantly from XP or Vista.

If it makes a diffo, this is a Compaq laptop,

Thanks

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265