[SBE] Windows 7 password reset

Stu Casteel stu at pacific.net
Wed Jul 14 19:34:53 EDT 2010

good luck, other than re-installing the OS the only thing I can offer is
to look for either a unix/linux build (or DOS 2000) and make a boot-able
thumb drive and attempt to see if you can get to the ini files - while
that will work on a XP/vista server 2k/2003 I've not had the chance to try
it on a Win7 box - yet...

yes, the security on Win7 is actually reasonably secure

other options - if there are files you need to recover buy a SATA/ATA -
USB adapter (<$20) and mount the hard drive on another computer - from
there you should be able to copy the files (unless they are password
protected)

worst case - buy the next upgrade version of Win7 and do a new install
wiping the drive and reformatting

again, good luck

Stu
+1.707.972.0953