[SBE] ASI through IP for STL

Rolin Lintag rolin.lintag at vtntv.com
Wed Aug 11 09:08:01 EDT 2010

We've been testing and trying out IP links using underbuilds on present analog MW links and the TCP-IP seems to be getting to where we can reasonably expect them to be. What we need some help on is getting ASI through IP links, with the hope that it can be a back-up digital STL. The ones we tested so far have jitter goosebumps to overcome.

Can anyone using a proven system share their experience and set-up that gets ASI from one site to another via IP? Can you do HD, too?

I'd appreciate getting info on what equipment you are using and your good or not-so-good experience with them.

Thanks!

Romualdo "Rolin" Lintag, CSTE
Chief RF Engineer
Victory Television Network
KVTN-DT 25.1 Little Rock, AR
KVTH-DT 26 Hot Springs, AR
KVTJ-DT 48 Jonesboro, AR
www.vtntv.com

'Smart people learn from their own experience but the wise ones from others."