[SBE] NWL Model No. 37701

Rolin Lintag rolin.lintag at vtntv.com
Fri Aug 13 10:18:28 EDT 2010

Need some help, again. :)

Our ABS-CST transmitter uses this model of NWL transformer. Recently, the oil tests are showing some signs of deterioration and the service company thinks a field inspection (costing about $6k) should be done. Before we open the lid, we need to be sure that spare parts are at hand to mitigate the problem in one visit if possible. Get our ducks in a row and minimize the expense.

With all the talks on the air with NBP and possible re-packing, we are not sure for how long we will be on this transmitter nor on the present channel we are broadcasting on so further investment on new parts or new transformer, nor changing from IOT to CEA for example is no longer on the back-burner but inside the fridge. So I thought it is worth a try to find someone who may have this transformer retired, waiting to be hauled from the transmitter site, who may be willing to give us the innards like rectifiers, tap-changer contacts, feed-through and the like for the taking. Anyway, the junk shop is primarily interested only in the copper coil.

I just want to make sure that I have not left any stones unturned, hence this appeal.

Is there anyone who has this transformer but wants to get rid of it?

Please reply directly to me with your conditions.

Thanks!

Romualdo "Rolin" Lintag, CSTE
Chief RF Engineer
Victory Television Network
KVTN-DT 25.1 Little Rock, AR
KVTH-DT 26 Hot Springs, AR
KVTJ-DT 48 Jonesboro, AR
www.vtntv.com<http://www.vtntv.com/>

" Smart people learn from their own experience but the wise ones from others."