[SBE] HD studio cameras

Jack Davis tvchief at att.net
Thu Feb 17 11:14:47 EST 2011

The 4 on the PTZ heads use the Vinton controller for basic camera control;
they have stored preset information for different shots and are driven by an
Ignite system. The rover and the jib camera use the Sony remote panels and
premade cables. I would recommend the premade cables as the connectors are
pretty small and not very friendly to field attach. The cameras match very
well and have very good low light performance and dynamic range. We ended
up using a European version of a Fujinon lens to minimize a jump when the
remote control would zoom in and out. This does not seem to be an issue
with manual operation but showed up with the automation. The mounts look a
bit odd as you have to elevate the camera body to center them in the
prompter mirrors but they balance out just fine and the performance is
excellent. We used the space under the camera body to house the power
supply and the interconnections. We used the woven nylon material to hold
all the cables and it looks very neat and has no ty-wrap tails to catch on
things. I miss the triax we had before but all in all these work extremely
well for not much money.

Jack

_____