[SBE] Unattended operation

Clay Freinwald k7cr at blarg.net
Thu Jun 16 13:35:44 EDT 2011

Re: [SBE] Unattended operationJon Frank wrote -

How many of you remember one of the standard FCC field inspection items was the opening of the remote control phone line (normally an unloaded dc pair) by the local inspector. He would then look at his watch to confirm that the rig dumped within three minutes. You were cited if it didn't.

Remember it well, Jon.....Today we have high powered broadcast transmitters whose -only - means of control is a dial-up POTS line. I suspect that these stations, ol which there are many, are a long way from compliance with these rules. How is anyone to know that that
'control system' is not functional? Then there are the satellite fed stations that have no local control mechanism.

Just try and get a DC Pair today !

Clay Freinwald