[SBE] HP Printers vs Canon

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Fri Sep 23 13:12:31 EDT 2011

I had generally been happy with HP Lasers, but my comments were directed at HP INKjet (Officejet etc whatever). However, thanks for the warning on the LJ! Incidentally, what torgued me for the last time was that I bought the HP FancyStuff PC with CD, DVD, ports galore and Deskjet AT THE SAME TIME...AND they do not seem to play well with each other, never have. After 5 years, I am done with this crap. I have had much better luck with Canon and Powerspec computers. Done all the updates, and still, half the time I go to print a simple page, the printer makes more noise doing nothing and going to wait state than a strowger switcher looking for ground.

I don't think Meg is the answer. Her track record is well known and is not going to attract the sort of talent HP needs, unless it wants to be an on-line store selling 'discount' hype with pay in advance and no return policy. She will however attract plenty of HR lawsuits!! HP needs to go back to what made it and America great. The descent of HP began with Carly Fiorina. I have a good friend who was a senior PMP for HP. To say that HP under Carly pushed Agilent out the door as not core and underperforming is an understatement. HP spun off its proffessional division and has been consumer crap ever since.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
E2 Technical Services LLC
Tech-Knowledgy for When Sound Matters
Nashville, Baltimore, Wherever