[SBE] Looking for a remote control "crossfade" device

Lane, Rod Rod.Lane at espn.com
Fri Oct 28 15:40:35 EDT 2011

Check out the ST-VP1 Voice-Over / Paging Module. It's designed to "duck" the background music and mix over to a voice input. The depth of the duck is adjustable for depth and rate. It works pretty well.
I've used it as a tally driven VCA for the mic on handheld sideline cameras to ensure we get the "Hi Mom"s without the audio guys having to worry about missing the (non) cue. Leave the fader on the console up, and the audio will come through when the tally keys. The fade rate adjust works well.
http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=23

Rod Lane
Associate Director, Engineering
ESPN