[SBE] short tough broadcast towers built for florida hurricanes..

R. V. Zeigler rzeigler at krvn.com
Tue Nov 29 01:03:11 EST 2011

Pete,
You might want to look at Sabre. They make some good self supporters. I
have one of their monopoles at 60' that takes ice well, and I know of a
300' (approx.) self supporter in Ks. that is a state Dept. of
Transportation tower with lots of antennas, some of which are for the
Highway Patrol. They do not want that to go down in any weather, and it
is built that way.
We do get serious thunderstorm winds in these areas, as well as high
sustained winds. Tornado's do not count, but I would expect our monopole
to handle an EF0 or EF1 with little difficulty, flying cows notwithstanding.
Rod

--
R. V. Zeigler, Dir. of Eng.
Nebraska Rural Radio Assn.