[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Jeremy Morris jdmickies at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:01:39 EDT 2012

Here in DC it's more of a need for AV janitors. Broadcast folks are so entrenched there's not much entry. There are over 80 integrators in this market to cover all the gov agencies and private contractors and other corp clients. You need to be a jack of all trades to cover the wide scope of the AV world. Broadcast is limited in the corp world, but still out there enough that you gotta know your stuff. It's crazy how many 8VSB consults I've done to gov and corp clients. It's a little weird. Henry is right that so much gear is throw-away. It does make service faster, but adds a "cheap" feel to a lot of products. And don't get me started on pro usage of HDMI...

Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone