[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Tue Apr 3 18:13:15 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 03 April 2012 04:52:31 pm Dennis C. Brown wrote:

> Cowboy, your note about "when things literally start falling apart,"

> reminded me of what another engineer cogently explained.  He asked, "Did

> you ever notice how often everything fails at once?"

In my experience, they don't fail all at once.
It only appears that way to the newcomer who's just arrived
to start fixing things.

Those things have been broken for some time, but they'd
rather "get by" than get 'em fixed as they need.

Of course, preventative maintenance would go a long way
to avoiding the situation altogether, but that costs money !

--
Cowboy