[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Henry's AFLAC a9xw at cs.com
Tue Apr 3 19:59:56 EDT 2012

Often I've taken on a wreck station. One was down to a GVG 100, 1 FS, and 3 3/4" machines and a 1" that didnt get used because they couldnt afford the 1" tape vs cast of 3/4". With a few years work, it was a SOTA digital facility, and a few more years it became a full HD news/sports and more station. Then when everything was nice, new and working, all the bugs worked out, bye bye staff. Its been 2 years and since the cuts, they have sat on frozen video/no audio for 19 hours straight, had the wrong channel PSIP for days, lost major sports contracts, and those left behind including the GM's assistant are gone, and the exec asst dumped on the BOD about that a failure the GM had become. Production values have gone out the window, a recent news story about two school heads leaving was done with footage of a vandalized school not associated with the story, great shots of CCTV cameras, boarded up doors, etc. Not even a WWW mug shot from the schools web site. But they are making some money, not as much as when it was all good.

Henry

Ask me about AFLAC, It pays YOU!