[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Robert Combs robert.combs at cumulus.com
Thu Apr 5 11:49:05 EDT 2012

It does not help the cause at all when Engineers do not show that they are part of the team and how important to the team they are. Too many times I go into markets where the engineer does not attend a department head meeting or the Manager tells me that the engineer is never around or that he can't seem to communicate well with the other departments. Out of sight, out of mind gets you out the door in today's business world. I love Terry Baun's comments when he was the guest on TWIRT #109 and they are the same values he tried to instill in all of his engineers when he was the VP of Engineering for my company years ago. "Adapt or die". Everything changes and if you do not change with it you will become irrelevant.

Robert Combs
Regional Manager of Engineering/IT
Southeast Region
Cumulus Media