[SBE] Dwindling numbers of engineers

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Apr 5 12:28:53 EDT 2012

On Thursday 05 April 2012 11:49:05 am Robert Combs wrote:

> It does not help the cause at all when Engineers do not show that

> they are part of the team and how important to the team they are.

Some have looked at me askance when I go out of my way to
attend those meetings, especially me being a project
contract/consultant.
It *is* sales, and we are all selling.

Want to stay employed ? Better sell them on why they need you.
Want a raise ? Better sell them on why they want to give you one.
( most try based on why they personally need/want/deserve a raise. WRONG ! )
Want respect ? Sell them on how/why you've more than earned it.

To the best of my knowledge, I have only ever had one client
unhappy when I was finished, and that one only because I
sued him for non-payment after a l---o---n---g time waiting,
and too many promises to count.

--
Cowboy