[SBE] Questions about IP multicasting

Gibson Prichard gibson at prichard.tv
Fri Dec 22 21:56:02 EST 2017

The question I have is what is the path from the other end of the IP link?
Is it a private wired/wireless link (like MPLS) or is it public Internet?
As others have asked- if this is over the Internet, forget multicast- the
routers on the Internet don’t pass multicast at all.
In fact, many MPLS networks won’t pass multicast either. Now, if the link
is private, you should be able to make multicast work.
Several have offered their help, and I’ll throw my hat in the ring as well.
Email me and I can give you a call.
Gibson Prichard
WTVF Nashville

--