[SBE] Questions about IP multicasting

Yengst, Curt cyengst at star991.com
Tue Dec 26 12:25:09 EST 2017

I may have been mistaken about us not having a VPN between sites.  It looks
like something was installed by our provider in my absence (I'm just part
time here...) called "Dedicated Internet Access."
If I understand correctly, it's basically a hardware VPN, and it
effectively puts whatever gear I connect at that end on our DIA LAN at this
end.  So, doing multicast over public IP becomes moot.  I fired off an
email to my contact at our provider to confirm what this DIA is and whether
my understanding of it is correct.

*Curt Yengst, CSRE*

Engineer

732-770-3054

Star 99.1 Mission: To love, honor, and serve God, our listeners, supporters
and staff. (Luke 10:27)
Star 99.1 / WAWZ(a service of Pillar of Fire, a not-for-profit,
listener-supported 501-c-3 organization) has been serving families in the
NJ/NY/PA area for over 80 years.