[SBE] RCA Dummy Load

DanRapak at verizon.net DanRapak at verizon.net
Thu Apr 5 21:55:36 EDT 2018

Gibson, Clay,

Thank you both for the fast replies!

Yes, it does have an "N" connector and it does buzz out at 50 ohms as
expected. I know this one was used at a VHF TV station back in the day.

O.K. on the temperature sensor. Do you know if that's an On/Off function
or a sensor of some sort?

I believe there was some magical RCA oil. My recollection is that stuff
smelled awful and if you got it on your clothes you might as well throw
them out because you never got the oil or the smell out of the material.
I might even have some around here somewhere, but I'm not sure what the
shelf life would be for something like that. I'll check into the Bird
oil and failing that, I'll fall back to plain old mineral oil.

Dan