[Techtoolslist] Any Metcal fans out there? Where do yo get your supplies?

Bill Karkula wkarkula at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 08:44:02 EST 2005

I've been using a metcal sp200 soldering iron and sp440 desoldering station
for over two years now. Between their systems and a large old weller
soldering gun I can tackle any job. I'm a Metcal junkie and have purchased
backup main units and handpieces. The only maintenance beyond the obvious
cleaning of the collection chamber and tip replacements has been to adjust
the vacuum switch only recently on the SP440 which was a snap. Up until now
everything I've needed I found on ebay or made myself (I make replacement
solder collection chamber filters from coffee filters). I need to get a few
of the inline air filters for the SP440. Anyone know of any other sources
for discount Metcal new or used supplies?

Thanks, Bill