[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100 pod recognition after software install

andy warlords at punkass.com
Wed Jan 10 14:14:05 EST 2007

hi all.

Well, thanks to list members (Al, Corey - thanks!) i got the bits i needed
to get my 9100 hard disk replaced... i can now use it again for the most
part.. as previously threatened, i have made a page up of the ordeal
involved in the hopes it will probably save someone else a whole bunch of
time :)

http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/tech/fluke9100/index.htm

I am however stuck on one fairly major problem... i can't get the 9100 to
see my 8080 pod, and i think it stems from not being able to copy
master/user disk 1 over.... so here's some background

Firstly the 6502 pod wasn't recognised when the system was reset, so i
copied master/user disk 2 from dr1 to hdr and then it works fine.... disk 1
would not copy over, but becasue it was working for now i didn't disturb
it.... until i went to use my 8080 pod and i get the following error:
'pod name does not match data base name.' (same as the 6502 pod error
before)

So i set about making new master/user disk 1, thinking it was a disk or
transfer error. The fluke error that fails while copying is 'File not
accessible' which doesn't sound like a floppy error, but i thought i'd have
to give it a go... 5 disks later still no change... So i thought of trying
the master/user disks from the v4.1 distribution... same error copying disk
1 again... hmm

I decided to install system 4.1 and copy the 4.1 user disks over again and
see if the problem was the same... and it at least confirmed what i thought,
its not actually a floppy fault, its something on the hard disk. The error
this time is reported differently by the 4.1 system software as :
'INTERNAL ERROR 5243: Trying to copy a file over a directory'.
So that does at least give a bit more of an idea of what is going on, and
that its not a floppy issue, but maybe a pre-existing directory on the hard
disk that the disk is trying to copy on top of, and failing...

I don't really want to, but it might be worth formatting the hard disk
(again) and installing system 6.0 afresh.... Before, i formatted the hard
disk, installed v6.0 system software, then copied the programmer disk over,
and now i'm trying to copy the master/user disks over... is it feasable that
the programmer disk might create a directory that the master/user disk also
wants to create and fails becasue its too damn stupid to handle it? i'm
thinking it could maybe be a disk installation sequence issue..

any ideas from anyone?

thanks

Andy