[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100/6800pod and bally mpu help needed.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Oct 7 18:14:19 EDT 2008

martin at guddler.co.uk wrote:

> Hi Steve,

> While a PITA, I don't think it's too uncommon. I have a Z80 based

> board on the bench right now that will do all the usual

> troubleshooting stuff and now I've fixed it, work with a normal CPU,

> however the run UUT simply won't do squat.

> Martin.

How fast is the Z80 on your UUT? The regular Z80 pod is the slowest,
there is a faster one with a Z80A, and then the fastest is the Z80QT pod.

I checked the differences between the Z80 and Z80AA pod and all I could
see what they stuffed in the faster (Z80A) CPU!. Of course you want to
look into the more expensive twisted pair cable for the faster CPUs as
you may be introducing additional electronic/electrical noise into the
system if the CPU wires are not shielded...

John :-#)#

>>> www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just