[Techtoolslist] FS: More 9100A items

James Bright james at quarterarcade.com
Sun Feb 22 21:38:30 EST 2009

As a professional .NET developer... I can tell you it ain't pretty. I did
it in VB6 (which I had to "learn" because I hate VB) because at the time
there weren't any great serial APIs for .NET. That's probably not true
anymore. I did start on a 9100A version of FIDE (because I find the 9100A
soooo much slower than I can actually type) but that was about the time
that my second child came along so I didn't have much time to devote to
that. Besides that 9010A is a lot more approachable for anyone beginning to
troubleshoot.

How are you making out on the 9100A? There is a lot of potential there. I
could "shotgun" a board a lot more quickly with the 9010, but the 9100
would be more thorough if you have the time to invest. The thought did
occur to me to sell my bench 9100... then I booted it up tonight and went
into editor mode and reminded myself how cool a little test machine it was

:-)

JB