[Techtoolslist] Can you use a 63C09E CPU in a Fluke 6809 9000Apod ?

Clay Cowgill c.cowgill at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 13:42:59 EDT 2011

> Anybody ? - I presume its worth a try, and I've not tried out

> my pod yet....

> However, I've just snagged an Abi Boardmaster so I'm going to

> have a go with that first !!

Wish I knew-- I'd give you an answer, but I'm actually curious myself now!

IIRC, you actually have to give a short instruction sequence to the 63C09 to
switch it to 'enhanced' mode, so I would suspect that it'd work fine for all
the basic tests from a cold start. Once you RUN it may or may not act
differently though. I don't know if the 9000 series pods rely on clock
cycle counting, if so, that might be an issue since the clocks required in
enhanced mode are shorter...

-Clay