[Techtoolslist] Can you use a 63C09E CPU in a Fluke 68099000Apod ?

Colin Davies colin.w.davies at btopenworld.com
Sun Aug 28 07:34:54 EDT 2011

Thanks Guys,

I certainly think its worth a try, however I've found the fault that was
stopping the CPU running, and it passes the Ram / Rom self test now. Just
some other issues to deal with like sprite rams and no sound. (This is
Contra / Gryzor)

Yes, 63C09E 'powers up' in 6809E Mode and its pin for pin compatable afaik,
so this would be interesting to try out.

I'm a little stuck for space at the moment and there is not much room on the
test bench, I'm hopefully going to be set up in a nice workshop before the
new year, and will have quite a bit of space to have everything accessable
(Back Bedrooms / Spare rooms are quite small in the UK) , so once I have
that sorted, I'll be playing catch up with all the stuff that needs repairs
and getting to grips with lots of tech tools.

Cheers, Col