[Techtoolslist] Logic levels question 6502A (Missile command)

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sun Nov 6 01:27:40 EST 2011

David Shoemaker wrote:

> What really got me is I pulled all the roms, and put only the "bad" rom in.

> It passed the rom test on loop for 30 minutes no problem. I put the rom

> next to it back in and BANG right back to failures. But that second rom

> passes just fine.

> That is when I noticed the lowish address line values.

Ah, with weird results usually I start looking at the IC sockets for
problems. Perhaps a poor ground pin connection? continuity check may
turn something up.

Don't forget to unplug the pod when testing the buses/Vcc/Vgg with a
meter otherwise your results can be invalid.

John :-#)#

>>> from the 6502 seem to be going high at 3.5 - 3.7 vdc. I suspect

>>> this is causing some

>> of

>>> the ttl to not latch high.

>>> This is checked through a meter using the fluke to read a particular

>> address

>>> on a loop and using my scope for the same and while running the game.

>>> Is this a normal value? I don't see any pull-ups on the address

>>> lines on the schematic.

>>> David