[Techtoolslist] Kurz Kasch PDFs updated on Flippers

David Shoemaker davids at oz.net
Thu Mar 1 21:50:25 EST 2012

Learned another valuable lesson. Don't look behind the curtain.

Started cleaning my unit up, at some point a cat had a litter on the deck so
it was a little dirty :)

Fuse holder was missing the plug, the front ground wire was chewed off and
the deck edge connector was in serious need for a replacement.

So I opened it up. Wow, does this thing look home brewed. A number of
burnt insulation from soldering a mess o stuff inside a small space. Just a
crazy mass of wires.

Interesting unit. I like how the Univid did it with the power supplies
internal. I would like to see a hybrid of the two units.