[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A V6.1

Andrew Welburn andy at andysarcade.net
Wed Nov 7 18:41:39 EST 2012

The video output is RGB, not monochrome, the sync is seperate and positive. Invert it and combine it to make it work on jamma, or indeed SCART, just plug it in, don't be scared, it works fine.

The schematics for the 9100 are in the flippers archive, the service manual details the video card schematic and Pinout.

The original monitor was just monochrome, but you can set the colour scheme in the editor settings. I use blue background with white text, this is much easier on the eyes when you are spending hours developing in the sometimes infuriating TL/1 language.

Creating/backing up the floppy disks can be a nightmare. I only found one version if Teledisk to work properly using an old 486 laptop with external floppy drive. YMMV.

The first thing you should do is replace the cpu's inside your faulty pods and try them again, it's a simple thing, an often works. Definitely put a Z80B CPU in your z80 pod to improve its function and compatibility.

Andrew Welburn (mobile)
www.andys-arcade.com

>>> andre.huijts at upcmail.nl wrote:

>>> Hi Andre,

>>> Actually on the FTP site I think we have a program that will create floppy images regardless if it can 'read' the floppy - ah, just found it, in the wrong directory - teledisk.lzh. Uploading it to the 9100A section on the FTP site.

>>> Look for it here:

>>> ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9100A

>>> I just renamed the directory "Test Equipment" to "Test_Equipment" to make it easier to type in that those darn %20s!

>>> Dumper.zip is also of interest to some folks (9010A crowd) - was in 9100A directory (now moving to 9010A directory).