[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A monitor output & more....

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Fri Nov 9 13:56:06 EST 2012

OK I have been digging through the manuals but either I get dizzy by SO much information or it's not in there.

The only info about the monitor connection I can find is this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/level_42/8170047354/

And that looks like a monochrome set-up. Now the manual says the color set-up is for a "standard IBM monitor", I am sure they mean CGA, but what is the pin-out from the 9100A in color set-up ?

Other question: I am confused about when to hook up the pod. The manual(s) seem to be inconsistent too, but I think mostly they say the 9100A should be powered off before hooking up a pod.
Can you damage the pod by connecting it to the 9100A while it's powered up ?
I've done this while testing the pods. I did a reset (from the keypad) after replacing the pod.

Note, I'm not talking about UUT power at all yet, I am not that far yet ;)

André